The club will host a singles league intended to promote competitive fun and increase the spirit of camaraderie in the West Virginia-Ohio-Kentucky region. Ten weekly rounds will be played on Sundays at 1:30pm. The first round will be held on Sunday, March 13, 2016. Rounds will take place at St. Albans City Park, Redeemer Park, Little Creek Park, Coonskin Park, and Wine Cellar park.
Refer to the chart below for more on this league, or visit the league’s page at The Disc Golf Scene.
- Registration fee
- Participants must pay $20 for registration by the time of the first event.
- The league will be divided into AM-1 (intermediate/advanced) and AM-2 (novice/recreational) divisions. All competition will take place within divisions, and players will not be allowed to change divisions during the series.
- The first place finisher in each division will be awarded a backpack. Each division receives a 50% prize payout at the conclusion of the series.
- After a round, each participating player will be awarded one point per player that he or she has beaten, plus one point for playing. Total points accumulated in this manner will determine placement at the conclusion of the series.
- The series starts on Sunday, March 13, 2016, at 1:30pm at Redeemer Park. A detailed schedule can be found at The Disc Golf Scene. Competitors shall not circumvent this schedule. The weekly course and layout must be played per schedule guidelines, and this is the only score that can be reported per scheduled week. Players who are unable to play on Sunday may still participate according to the absentee requirements listed below. The organizer reserves the right to adjust the schedule as needed.
- Absentee requirements
- Any competitor who is not able to attend a Sunday round has until 8:00pm on the following Saturday to play that week’s scheduled course and layout and report his or her score.
- Any competitor playing away from the weekly Sunday round must have at least two witnesses present to verify his or her score. Witnesses do not have to be league participants.
- Competitors are asked to be timely, fair, and honest with accurate reporting. Cheating will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the league.
Remember, the main purpose of this league is for players to have fun!