The purpose of the 2016 Bag Tag Challenge is to promote the growth of disc golf in the KVDGC through friendly competition. You will have the opportunity to meet and play with new people and to establish friendships with players whom you may have never otherwise met. It also adds another element to your game and is a great learning tool for all players– especially new players. Players of all abilities are encouraged to join.
The 27-week season runs from May 1, 2016, through October 30, 2016.
- Players compete to obtain the lowest numbered tag possible.
- Tags 1-25 are wooden and must be contested according to the rules under Tag Challenges.
- Tags 26 and higher are acrylic and can be contested according to the rules under Tag Challenges. (If you feel that you won’t be able to play regularly we ask you to please take a higher number.)
A $5 entry fee gets you a numbered bag tag, a one-year club membership, and eligibility for entry into the ace pot.
- Adherence to PDGA rules is implied during bag tag challenges, and self-officiating by club members should demonstrate mutual respect and promote the spirit of disc golf. Most important is that players have fun.
- Please display your bag tag where others can easily see it. You must have your bag tag with you to participate in any challenge. Please do not avoid challenges by leaving your bag tag at home.
- Bag tags are exchanged immediately after the round is completed.
- If you terminate play before your round is completed, then you must forfeit your bag tag and take the highest numbered bag tag being played at that challenge.
- Exceptional circumstances that excuse players from the above rules include injury that prevents completion of play (as agreed upon by the group) and inclement weather that makes continued play dangerous for the entire card.
- There shall be three or four players on each score card at bag tag challenges.
- Players are placed on cards by tag number in ascending order.
- If you arrive late (5 minutes before the start of the round), then you will be placed on the last card regardless of tag number.
- Challenges will run from April 1 through October 31. You may play for tags November 1 through March 31, but the rules below will not be enforced during that time.
- In order for the bag tag challenge to work, all personal challenges must be accepted. Any player with a higher bag tag may challenge any other player with a lower bag tag. Challenges can be made by phone, computer, or in person. Challenges should be completed within a reasonable amount of time.
- You don’t have to play back-to-back challenge rounds against the same player or in a multi-player match with the same opponents. A player can’t challenge you, lose to you, and immediately challenge you again for another round. However, consecutive round challenges are allowed if ALL parties involved agree to play a consecutive challenge round.
- Challenges MUST be verbally agreed upon at the beginning of EACH round.
- You must play your bag tag at least once every 2 weeks or you forfeit your tag. When a forfeited tag holder returns, he or she receives the lowest tag available.
- If you plan on leaving the area or otherwise will not play for a long period of time, then you should turn in your tag before your absence. You will receive a new tag upon your return.
- All bag tag holders who participate in KVDGC sponsored tournaments or events are committing to a bag tag challenge, so bring your tags with you.
- Tag challenges can be played at any disc golf course.
- Ties are broken by bag tag numbers held at the beginning of the round. Lower starting numbers win.
- Players in tournaments compete only against other players using the same tees and course layouts.
- $1 per entry fee is collected to form an ace pot. This ace pot is separate from other ace funds and is capped at $100.
- In order for your round to qualify for the ace pot, the following must be satisfied:
- there must be at least 3 tag holders playing, and
- if the round has not been scheduled, then it must be announced to the club.
- Tournament aces have their own ace pots and therefore do not qualify for the bag tag ace pot as well.
Lost/Broken/Surrendered Bag Tags
- When a bag tag is lost, the number is dropped from the standings.
- Members can purchase a new bag tag for $5 and will receive the lowest numbered bag tag available.
- If a tag is surrendered for any reason, then it will be put back into play at the next scheduled round.
This league is designed to bring together those who share a passion for the game of disc golf. Set goals, make new friends and rivals, HAVE FUN, and most importantly: GRIP IT RIP IT. Good luck to everyone and here’s to another exciting season of disc golf.